Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Penalty

I have an abscess, a few major cavities, some minor cavities and as of yesterday, my cheek began swelling a bit from the abscess. It had been swollen before, but I decided it was time to get the problem fixed.

So, I woke up at six this morning so that I could be at the Shands Dental Clinic before seven to (hopefully) be seen early. I arrive a little after 6:30 to fill out a piece of paper and wait to be called. I go to the cafeteria to grab something to eat briefly and come back just before seven. My name is called and I go up to the window. The lady asks me how I am paying for it and I say "Insurance."

She says, "We don't accept insurance, only Medicaid."

I'm a little baffled, so I ask her "Where do I go to be seen?"

She asks me if I have an appointment to which I reply, "No, how do I get one?"

She informs me that appointments have to be made months ahead of time, which doesn't make my temper any better. So, I decided to walk out at that point.

So, my rant begins now. How the fuck is it that I, a person who pays for his own insurance, cannot be accepted on a walk-in basis by the Dental Clinic at Shands at UF, but the goddamn government-funded fuckers get accepted? You know, I'm all for this "healthcare for everyone" or the idea that everyone should be taken care of regardless of whether they have insurance, but it's really fucked up when I get penalized for having insurance over the welfare bitches!

It just makes me want to punch that lady in the nose for being such a cunt! It's as much her fault as it is her employer's fault for not accepting insurance, so I don't regret this thought at all!

Nonetheless, I am looking for a good dentist in the area and hope to have my problem fixed soon. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I created a free dental clinic site for the poor a few years ago and have never heard of this happening. I feel for you! How does someone in this country get denied dental care because they have insurance? Wow again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was having some pain and swelling and needed to be seen. I had insurance through my employer (Shands @ UF); I work in that same building and figured they would see me on a walk-in basis, but this was not the case.

    I found a local dentist that is covered by my insurance and found good service (TODAY!!!), so something good came of it all.

    ReplyDelete